Custom Eye Mod WIPs Screenshots - Races


Some WIP screenshots of the Races and some insight into the mod's technical side. 

WIPs are never finished, and be aware, can look different in the finished, polished mod. 

I respected certain aspects of lore. Sclera colors, iris colors.

If technical stuff is just gibberish to you, just jump over to Race design. :)


- Technical side -

I used thou the same size of iris (the vanilla humanoid one) for everyone. But due to technicalities. The humanoid vanilla iris position and size works best with the eyeball UV and the existing shapes. I recommend using sliders to increase or decrease iris size. I would not recommend anymore doing this over the texture. Something I learned now, by testing and trying out a lot regarding eyeball UV and texture set up.

Smaller irises end up with "corners" in the texture and aren't as round. Bigger ones will end up looking kind of flat.

I did as well keep the UV that is visible in the eye socket vanilla (Every existing eye texture can be patched without much issues). The UV can't be made identical for men and women either. As the existing eyeshapes of men mainly, but as well women depend on that exact position of the iris. If it's changed a lot, it starts to look, mainly for men....questionable.

I did thou adapt the outer parts of the women eyeball UV to be tile fitting. So now, UDIMs are possible. I used UDIMs and painted over the tile for tearduct and eyeball in substance. The man UV is like always a little nightmare to look at in nifskope or blender. But the visible parts will look fine.


"The letters "U" and "V" denote the axes of the 2D texture because "X", "Y", and "Z" are already used to denote the axes of the 3D object in model space..." - Wikipedia

I separated the left and right eye UV on the tile for eyeball, tearduct and lashes. Which means, you can now give left and right iris the correct reflection. And you can as well go all out, like I did, and give left and right tearduct, sclera, (some irises I got over 3d.sk and bought left and right eye) and lashes their individual texture.

I as well gave every blind eye option their own mesh, with a fitting normal. So blind fully, blind left and blind right have fitting normals, specs and env. maps. As well did I make for every single color their fitting blind eye. Because I wanted to. Because I am a very nitpicky, autistic human being. x'D

Mesh parts are all separated. Lash, AO, tearduct, eyeball are all it's own mesh. And can all have correct values and shader flags. As well can they all be toggled on and off in racemenu's sculpt. Which is a blessing. This eyes are going to fix all kind of known eye issues in Skyrim. It's just all a lot of work. And I do this all alone. On top, I am disabled. x'D And we have a heatwave atm in germany. And...it's TRI files editing. Which is a special hell. Everybody who ever worked with them....will understand me. I can't really do anything about this. But I will do my best.


- Race Design - 

  • Orcs are going to have their blackish/greyish sclera with dark red veins and their special pupil, colors will be all kinds of.

  • High Elves are going to have golden sclera with normal veins and their yellow, orange and green iris colors.

  • Dark Elves are going to have their red cursed eyes. Red sclera, a lot of veins in all kinds of red tones, red iris colors in variants. 

  • Wood Elves are going to have warm brown sclera, and darker veins and brown, hazel, violet iris colors.

  • Humans are going to have white sclera and bloodshot. And standard human iris colors. 


Cheers o/ and Happy Modding!


High Elves:








Dark Elves:





Wood Elf:


Orc:


Human:


















Comments

Post a Comment

Favorites